Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Clicker.com...or, the last in a long list of reasons that I am getting rid of cable tv.

Well, I've done it.  Given up cable tv...for how long, we'll see.  But as of today, it's done.  One call to Time Warner was all it took.

Will I miss it?  Not sure yet.  But the reality is that I've been watching about 80% of what I want to see via the internet.  Sites like Hulu.com, youtube (to some extent), and the individual channel sites have given me on-demand access to the shows I love...when I want them.  If I miss the Daily Show at 11 the night before...well, it's on Hulu.com the next day.  Anytime.


And now comes Clicker.com.  It claims to be an aggregator for ALL of the online television portals and shows, and claims to be the TV guide for the online viewer.  I have yet to explore it fully, but it looks like I'll have more time to...now that I've gotten rid of the old tv.

2 comments:

  1. Boom Boom Mancini, glad to be along for the ride. Let us know how it goes. All feedback welcome. :-)

    Jim Lanzone (from Clicker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim,

    Sadly, I am not Boom Boom Mancini the boxer...I am simply Ray Mancini, a 34 year old designer from NYC who runs a small company called Good World Media (goodworldmedia.com) I am doing this blog for a class at Pratt Institute, where I am getting working towards my Masters.

    But yes, I've given up cable TV, thanks to your sites and others like it. I'd be happy to give you some feedback!

    ReplyDelete